Saturday, June 6, 2009

California



Dan and I just returned from Sunny California....although we did have some June Gloom. It was still absolutely beautiful. Acura of Memphis has such excellent customer service that they decided to award us a fabulous trip to Newport Coast, California. We stayed at the Pelican Hill Golf Resort which just opened in November 2008. It was superb! We arrived a day earlier so we could take in a few sites. I took a nice walk at Crystal Cove. I went with a few other ladies and we walked over 3 miles. It didn't seem like it with the beautiful view. I shopped, played tennis, and even kayaked. On the final night, entertainment was provided and it was the lovely Vanessa Carlton. She is a phenomenal pianist and singer. I was blown away from her talent. There is nothing like seeing a live performance. She messed up once which I enjoyed because it reminded me that she's not perfect. She actually stopped singing because she forgot the words...she laughed and then started over. Acura also provides activities during your stay. Some of the activities to choose from were: cooking class, massage, Segway, kayaking, shopping shuttle and golf. Dan played golf two days. I went shopping, had a massage and kayaked. Although not in that order. I needed a massage after kayaking but it was actually before!! The pool is one of the largest circular pools around. I couldn't get the whole pool picture unless I was in a plane hovering over. Here are a few pics from our trip. And Thank you to all the employees at Acura of Memphis for providing such GREAT customer service!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family