Tuesday, July 27, 2010

35 and holding!!!


















This year I spent my birthday in Kohler, Wisconsin. Yes where the Kohler faucets, toilets, and tubs are made. We even went to the design center. A bathroom paradise!!! We stayed at the American Club. It was once the old immigration dormitories for the employees of Kohler. The town is pretty much owned by Kohler. When you check in, they give you a card that can be used almost anywhere in town. Now.. if you ask me should you visit Kohler, my answer is absolutely not!! Unless you are a golfer. Whistling Straits is right on Lake Michigan and the course is beautiful. We went there for my Surprise Birthday party. I was a little surprised but little kids just can't keep a secret. Dan tried really hard. First telling me it would just be he and I because it's hard to get a reservation. Then later telling me, our kids would show up later for dessert. I gave him a hard time because I didn't want it to be the two of us for dinner. That's boring!! And I didn't want the kids to show up for dessert, I wanted to share my special day.
We came home Sunday and I was so happy to be home!! I'm checking Kohler off and planning to NEVER return. Funny Story...the girls gave me the book "1000 places to go before you die" and sure enough The American Club is in there. Another reason you can't believe everything you read. I came home to a pool full of water!! Finally we have a pool!!! The best birthday present ever!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family