Friday, November 12, 2010

Party Central


Here's a blog I started and never posted. This was in Oct.

Rachel sang at the Mid-South Fair on Saturday. I love to hear her sing. It just brings joy to my heart. I can not help buy smile. I know I know...I'm a little partial. Rachel's performance was not a competition but strictly to help her with stage presence. She and three other children went on stage before the big act. There were very few people in the audience..mostly other parents but no more than 25 people. I'm still amazed at how easy it is for Rachel to go onstage. She doesn't think about it or worry if she'll mess up...doesn't bother singing the song a million times to get it right. She just goes up there and sings. And it was perfect (to me). She also doesn't talk about it after-wards. She doesn't ask if she did OK. It's so natural. Now, I'm not saying she's a natural at singing because she does need work. She needs practice on stage, working the audience, clapping her hands, and really getting into the music. I'm only saying it's way to easy for her to walk on stage. Anyway.. her singing was the highlight of my weekend. I have played the video over and over this weekend and I never get tired of listening to it.
It was a busy weekend!! Rachel had 5 girls over for her 10th birthday party. We heated the pool for 2 days and they swam in it for 30 minutes. Did I expect anything more??? Of course not!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family