Monday, January 9, 2012

December 2011 Highlights



Megan and her friends gathered at our house to get ready for the Christmas dance at Chickasaw Country Club. They look so grown up and it's actually quite scary. Do they really look like 13 year olds? I wish I could say wear some more clothes kid!! Cover those shoulders but as you can see ALL the other girls dress the same way. As a parent...do you stand your ground and let your child be the ODD one or do you turn the other way?? I don't really want you to answer this question I'm just thinking out loud. I know you have your opinions but I'm not interested. The way I raise my family seems to be working thus far. When you have a teenager, you must pick your battles.
Rachel too went to a dance with her friend Sidney. Sidney has been her good friend since she was 3. They got ready over at Sid's house and unfortunately I didn't receive as many pictures.
And speaking of pictures...I'm the photo queen bee!! BUT would you believe I hardly have any of Christmas? Christmas morning..my very sweet husband let me sleep in, making sure no one woke me. As sweet as this was.. I missed the girls seeing their presents from Santa. He meant well. Yes I've been sleep deprived but I really wanted to see their faces Christmas morning. Some things husbands just don't get!! ANyway..my sister in law should be sending some pictures from Christmas eve. I didn't have my camera that day because I was too busy making sure Harrison had diapers in his bag. And making sure all the gifts were in the car to go to grandma's house.
More highlights to come from 2011. I'm going backwards. There's really no need to go all the way back to January since I posted something that month.

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family