Friday, December 19, 2008

DRAMA Queen!!!

It's so hard raising girls!! Drama, Drama and more drama. I've just about had it with my oldest.  She and I butt heads so much.  Tonight she was so disrespectful.  Dan's parents arrived tonight from Canada and the four girls decided to play Wii bowling.  It was my first time to play and I needed help.  It was also grandmaman's first time and she too needed help.  Megan was more than willing to show her grandmother respect.  (she would have really been in deep $%%^) But with me, she rolled her eyes, pretended as if I was stupid, etc.  I ignored her. Why you might ask? Well because her grandmother had just arrived and I didn't want to ruin the evening by sending Megan to her room or screaming at the top of my lungs.   So once Wii was over, it was time for the girls to go to bed.  When I went to put Megan to bed, she starts in on me about another subject that is too long to mention.  I'll just say, she was suppose to be in the school talent show and now she isn't partly because of me. So as I say good night to her, waiting for my nightly hug, she tries to avoid hugging or saying good night to me. So that's when I let her have it.  I left the room mad.  Plus Emotional!! My feelings were hurt.  I love her so much and she acts like a brat!!! Am I to blame for her behavior? I do remember behaving much the same way with my mother. I thought my mother was so DUMB.  I know hormones are to blame too!! But she's 10 not 15. I don't remember having the same feelings in 4th grade. High School- yes, but this is just way too early.  Are the tv shows to blame? Icarly, hannah montana, zack and cody???  Whatever it is-it's uncalled for!!! So what's my solution?? I'm not sure. I think I will start with a prayer.  I'm so not ready for what's ahead.  Boys, Friends who are mean, Brokenhearts, driving.   Oh.. I could just cry thinking about all of it!!  
Ok.. Julie..ENOUGH!!!!Lift your head..Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Your not the first mother whose daughter acted like a spoiled brat. Tomorrow is a new day.  Take one day at a time!!! 


No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family