Friday, November 20, 2009

MY OLDEST turns 11!!!



It wasn't too long ago that I was 11 (23 years ago-HeeHee) and I remember spending the night at my friend Alexis' house with about 10 other girls. It could have been only 5 but it seemed like more. I also remember a sleepover at my friend Lisa's house. We brought out the Quija board at her house and her dad scared the living day lights out of us. Those were good times!!! Megan turned 11 on Tuesday and for her party she invited 8 little girls over for a slumber party. When I was planning the evening, I searched the internet for ideas to keep them entertained. It finally hit me today that when I was young, I would go over to a friends house and my friends and I would stay busy with chatting, laughing, playing, styling each other's hair, playing board games, etc. The mother never had things planned for us to do. If she did, it doesn't stand out in my mind. Tonight I planned a scavenger hunt which lasted for about an hour and a half. The girls were given 20 items to find around the neighborhood. They were to take pictures of them and report back. Each item was worth 5-10 points. Whoever found the most items WON. Some of the items were: pool, tombstone, white dog, american flag, for sale sign.
I think the girls really enjoyed it. After dinner, the girls opened gifts, listened to music, prepared their sleeping bags, and now they are watching a movie. It's 10:33 and I really would like to go to bed. I hope they will consider it before midnight.
It's hard to imagine in 5 years she will be driving. I've always kinda hated the expression "Where have the years gone" or "they grow up so fast".... but now those words sink it, they have a meaning. It's all happening way too fast and I want it to slow down.

Here are some pics from our evening!! ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family