Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 6


Today is Day 6 of my father's hospital stay. A lot has happened since I wrote last. Monday morning he got another cat scan. It revealed the spot had increased in size and they would need to do surgery. Monday afternoon he went into surgery and has spent the last two nights in the ICU. The surgery went well. They drilled two holes in his skull to release the pressure. For the last two days he has had a tube coming out of his head that has been draining the extra blood/fluid from his head. This morning the doctor removed that tube. We are hoping he will go into a regular room by this afternoon. The visiting hours for the ICU are 9,1,5 and 9pm, and it's made it hard on us trying to see him every 4 hours. Once he's in a room, my mother can stay there with him. This morning, he was a little groggy. I know he's in a lot of pain and each day he should feel better. They said he could come home either Friday or Saturday. He can not go back to work for two weeks. I'm tired right now and I really don't feel like blogging. I know God has been watching over him and answered our prayers. I'm so thankful!
I'll try to write more later.

1 comment:

Sarah Callender said...

So glad to hear the good news! Thanks for calling me with the update. I hope he recovers soon! Praise God that he is doing so well.
Love you -

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family