Monday, August 9, 2010

Swimming Pools


When I was younger very few people had pools. As a matter of fact, I can name them all on one hand. Now it seems like everyone I know has a swimming pool. I can remember begging my mother to call Mr. Joe Griggs. He not only had a pool but he had an INDOOR pool. He was a member of our church and would sometimes invite us over after lunch on Sundays. There was also Mr. Sammy Morris. A distant relative who said we were always welcome but then they either were never home or their pool equipment was broken. My friend Sarah's Aunt Dorris had a pool too and that was a real treat to go over there. 25 years later and now I have a pool but so does everyone else. Almost all of Megan and Rachel's friends have pools. It's not a treat to go swimming anymore. Sure the kids still love it and they always will but I can still remember the excitement that filled my soul when I was invited swimming.

So to all of the children (big and small) out there...please come swim at my pool. You don't have to beg..just ask politely!

1 comment:

Sarah Callender said...

Is that part of your pool? A little different from the ones we swam in at Lauderdale County huh? Glad you got your dream pool friend!

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family