Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer


In July, we flew to Lake George NY for our summer 20 group meeting. We were expecting a break from the Tennessee heat but instead NY was having their own heat wave. Uggghhhhh!!! Lake George is set in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY. Very beautiful lake surrounded by the mountains. It reminded me of Lake Como in Italy. Besides the lake, there isn't much more to do in the community. We stayed at the historic Sagamore hotel which was once owned by the Vanderbilt family. I wasn't impressed with this hotel, I'm really more of a Four Seasons gal. I killed 7 spiders in our room. eeekkkkk...!!!! The place to be at this hotel is not INSIDE but OUTSIDE on the lake. We rented a pontoon every afternoon and took the kids out tubing. The kids loved it!!! We are always with the same group of friends from other Acura dealerships so it's nice to see them every summer since many don't make the Spring and Fall trips. With a new baby on the way, I will not be making our next fall trip. This will give me a chance to find my old body. It's MIA at the present moment. HA HA!!! I forgot how much I hate being pregnant. This baby boy kicks me constantly...and always at night right when I'm trying to go to sleep. Summer has been so long and I can't wait for October to arrive. I'm ready for the newest Umansky member to arrive. If it's ok with everyone else... Can we just skip August and September???

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family