Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Facebook

What did I do before Facebook?  I can't decide how I should handle my new addiction.  I waste entirely too much time on it.   Why do I care to see what friends are doing when I haven't seen them in years.   Curiosity?? Who did she marry?  What does she do for a living?  Is she still the biggest nerd ever?  Or the wildest girl around?  Or is it because I want to show off all of those things to others.. I have two children, I married so and so, and I  am still as classy as ever!!!! HA HA
Whatever the reason be, it's consuming way to much of my time.  There are things in my house waiting on me.  Closets need to be organized.  My garage has Christmas decorations waiting to be put away.  My favorite book is waiting to be read.  Or better yet.. what's for dinner?  
My husband gives me the evil eye when he sees me playing on the computer.  Lately my excuse to him is "you watch just as much tv".    It's true, he does watch a lot of tv.  Is it any different?  

Rachel got in the car from church on Sunday and asked what I was giving up for Lent.  I told her Facebook.  Can I do it though?   How hard will it be to not connect with friends?   40 days??? Phew!!!!! 


1 comment:

Bizzell Land said...

If I can stay out of WalMart for 30 days Julie, you can give up FB for 40 days! It was easy for me, I wanted to stay out of WalMart. FB is hard to get away from! haha

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family