Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rachel's 1st communion

On Saturday, Rachel will take her first communion.   Dan's parents are flying in tonight and my parents and brother will also join us on Saturday.  I'll post some pics ASAP .  I went threw this with Megan last year and it was a very special time.  Tonight, Rachel and I were having a coloring contest and I drew a picture of the sea with fish in it.  She drew a picture of a cross and some grapes and bread.  The grapes representing the wine.   She wrote the words "blood of Christ" next to the grapes.  I was impressed!  The church has done a good job of explaining it to them.  Before they can take communion they must go threw 6 weeks of classes.  They also have to have attended PRE for a year before taking it.  Megan had to wait until 3rd grade to take first communion because she had not been to PRE.   I know it's a very important part of their life but because I was not raised Catholic (nor am I now), I don't think I truly appreciate this time.   I have talked about converting but I just have not made time for it.  Just like anything else in life...priorities!!!! Ok.. I'll post pics after Saturday.  I also have some more pics of the house.  The framing is moving fairly quickly.  

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family