Sunday, April 5, 2009

Summer

This picture is of my mother's zinnia's. The butterfly landed just in time for me to snap the photo!!!


I am so looking forward to summer!! Although when I look at my calender and mark off the days we will be gone or when certain activities will take place, my summer will go by so quickly!! I have so much I want to pack into SUMMER! CAMP(Victory Ranch-girls), BEACH, trip to Whisteler (20 group meeting), camping with my parents in MO, Swim meets, VBS, a trip to my mom's to pick strawberries..........hmmmmmmmm what else???? Before I know it, it will be time to start buying school supplies. A couple of weeks ago when we ask Rachel did she want to go to Victory Ranch she told us no. Of course, I wanted to say "oh but why honey-it will be so much fun!" but Dan's response was "Well good, that saves me X amount of dollars". Luckily..she and I had our little one on one and I have convinced her that she does want to go. Plus it helped that Dan's mother sent the girls a notebook of "Fun Activities to do at Camp". Tonight after the girls had their baths..we talked about camp and Megan told Rachel all the activities there were to do. Swimming, rock climbing, horseback riding, zipline, paintball, etc. Megan is so excited about it! The experienced big sister told Rachel everything she would need to pack. Flashlight, towels, toothpaste, toothbrush, letters and stamps... "And mom, last year I should have brought more towels because I used all my towels to dry off after the mud slide".

OH.. the lazy days of summer. Just where did that name come from? My summers are far from LAZY!! Yes.. it's slower than during the school year but we are also on GO for the most part. Swim meets will take up the majority of our Thursday nights. I can gaurantee that the other days will not be quiet either.. swim practice, playdates, trips to the grocery, trips to the zoo, an occassional trip to the library. Let's not forget to continue reading during the summer!!!

I know in July.. I will be saying "When will summer end?" but right now...I'm screaming "When will summer begin!!!!"

BRING IT ON!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family