Monday, July 6, 2009

UNAMERICAN July 4th




I think this is the first July 4th that I have not spent in the UNITED STATES. We flew to Canada Thursday to visit Dan's parents. They live outside of Montreal in St. Eustache. It was a very quick trip but A FUN one. We went into Montreal on Friday and shopped and also took the girls on the subway. I'm not sure they appreciated the subway like I did the first time I rode it. Probably because they've been on the monorail at Disney and many trams at different airports. What they did get a kick out of was a picture booth. It's one of those booths you go inside and it takes 4 pictures of silly poses.

On Saturday, we went to Arbre en Arbre which translates to TREE to Tree. It is a zipline course located in a wooded area. Dan did the course with the girls but I walked underneath and took pictures. See the picture above. Dan's brother also lives there so his family joined us on Friday. The cousins are 10 and 7. The 10 year old speaks very good English but the 7 year old does not so it's interesting to see them interact. They usually figure out what the other is saying by pointing. Last year, they played Cache Cache. I may have misspelled it but it means hide and go seek. Luckily, Megan and Rachel can count to 10 in French and Emily (7year old) can count in English so it works out. And then there's the older brother Andrew who helps translate. I wish they had the opportunity to see one another more often.

Happy 4th of July!!!


No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family