Thursday, September 16, 2010

Knee Deep or Thigh High?????













Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity to go downtown and help my friend at her jean company. It's called Thigh High Jeans. They are recycling old jeans collected in bins around Memphis and then adding powerful messages and cute fabric to the legs. Ann and Kerry are probably two of the most creative people I know. Ann and I have known each other since Rachel started Kindergarten at St. George's. Just to make one pair of jeans takes almost an hour. Washing, splitting the legs open to add fabric, adding the message, adding tags, stamping the label, packaging. My help was definitely needed. I was interested in learning the research that goes behind finding quotes and making sure they are not copyrighted. Did you know no one can use Martin Luther King Jr's quote because his family did not agree to release it? Me either. I always find it interesting to see how businesses are operated. Their workspace is Kerry's art studio and also the old Greyhound building. Check out their jeans at www.thighhighjeans.com There's two ways to buy a pair. 1. you can either pick from the hundreds they have or 2. you can take them your own favorite pair and have them add the message. 50% of their profit from one pair of jeans goes to charity. Ann and Kerry are "BE the Change you want to SEE"... Great going girls on your new endeavor. I wish you the best of luck!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family