Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween candy wreath

You can blame Pinterest for this Project. It's a Halloween candy wreath. It was so easy to make and very inexpensive. The candy may have cost more than anything. Here's what you'll need:

CANDY (buy something that doesn't melt, you will need plus or minus 75 pieces)
Hot glue gun
wreath (I used a straw one) $4.00
Ribbon $3.99 but was 40% off ($2.40)
Halloween decor (I used a sign that says Spooky from Hobby Lobby) .67 cents also 40% off. (.40cents)

Total cost= near $10 depending on the price of your candy. Check the dollar tree for all items.

Luckily I have a ribbon maker that I bought at Christmas so making the ribbon was not hard for me. First add the ribbon that you will use to hang it. The bow can be added after you get the majority of the candy on. Use the larger pieces of candy first and then fill in with smaller pieces. I wanted to wrap my straw wreath in the ribbon but I didn't have enough. But it would have been nice to have a orange background so you wouldn't see any of the ugly wreath.

This makes a great teacher gift. I don't plan on keeping it unless the girls insist but I thought I would let one of them take it to their teacher. There are tons of How to videos online. One wreath uses a wire hanger and ties each piece of candy on the hanger. You will use lots more candy that way. Plus you have to buy the candy that is twisted in wrappers, like tootsie rolls or smarties.





No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family