Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Scarf in the works


Here is a project I started not long after starting the blanket when I decided I needed to stick with one knitting project at a time. I love going in the yarn store and buying yarn but I am trying a new approach since yarn can be very expensive. One item at a time!! Funny story (to me at least), when I took the scarf class I was the only one under 70. There were about 6 ladies around the table. All curious about when I was expecting. If they were not asking the teacher for help, they were either talking about their health or their grandchildren. Or maybe great grandchildren. SO WHAT!! I love to knit, too bad only old people like to knit too. Or the truth is, only old people have time for it. After the class was over, I called my girlfriend and told her how thankful I was to have young, hot and healthy friends.

Here's the pattern for the scarf if anyone is interested. You can also look it up online under Molly, designed by Susan Mills. The yarn I am using is Liberty Wool by Classic Elite. 4 balls are needed for a finished length of 72". I am using size 7 needles.

CO (Cast on) 32 sts.
Row 1: p10, (k2,p2) 3 times, k10
Row 2: p10, (k2,p2) 3 times, k10
Row 3: k6, w&t, p6, k9 w&t p9, k6, w&t, p6, p10, (k2,p2) 3 times, k10.
Row 4: k6, w&t, p6, k9 w&t p9, k6, w&t, p6, p10, (k2,p2) 3 times, k10.

Repeat these 4 rows until piece measures 72" or desired length.
BO (bind off). Weave in ends.

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family