Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few updates

First.. Congratulations to Rachel, she will star in Kids Kaberet in April. She found out tonight that she and four other friends made it!!!

Second.. You may remember me telling you that I follow a blog of someone in New Zealand. I'm happy to report that she's ok. She actually lives in Dunedin and the Earthquake was in Christchurch. I believe it's a few hours away.

Third- if you have a 12 year old daughter you may or may not appreciate what I'm about to share with you. Let me first explain that she has a huge passion for Make-Up/bath products. Frankly, I find it annoying! I just wish she would take all that energy and put it into her academics or playing tennis. This week I receive an email from Megan for a special request. I might add this week is Mid Term Exams. Just a side note.


Dear Mom,

Each month I receive 48 dollars. I would like to receive 38 dollars.
In this exchange I would like to have a subscription with birchbox.com.
Birchbox is a website that sends you high brand samples each month.
Some brands are Nars, Stilla, Too faced, Benefit, and Bare minerals.
Each month would cost 10 dollars. Rachel recently joined Fantage as a member. She may not
be lowering her allowance 6 dollars, but I would like to.
I think it would be nice to receive a little box each month with beauty samples. The box is pink
and I never get mail, so this could be kind of cool for me. If I don't like it the first time we can cancel.
This may sound silly and NO I did not get this idea from Juicystar07 or her sister, Allthatglitters21.
Thanks so much Mom. Please take this into consideration and remember I would be
lowering my allowance a whole 10 dollars.

Love, Megan (:



My kids get their age in allowance. Megan washes her own clothes and puts them away. I don't help at ALL!!! She also helps with walking the dog. I don't always think they deserve their allowance but I do think it sometimes help with money management. When they want something really bad, I tell them to save their own money. Anyway... I thought this email was cute. She's quite the negotiator. Her email makes it seem like she's lowering her allowance but technically she's still getting 48, she's just spending 10 on make-up. I agreed to the subscription. I'm hoping it will lose it's appeal after the first package arrives. She is referring to a Youtube site in the email that she follows. It's a girl who strictly talks about make-up. The girls have had so many hits on you-tube, companies now send them free make-up for helping advertise. I've accused Megan many times for wanting something just because JuicyStar07 says we should go buy it.
Anyway..so this is my life living with a 12 year old.

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family