Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recently, I came across a blog complaining about a friends blog who described her life as perfect. The particular friend thought no ones life could be this perfect and to prove she was the opposite of perfect, she made a list of things that happen in her house to prove her not so perfect life. The way I see it, there's a tad bit of jealous in her blog. This made me think about how I blog and usually I blog about happy things. The majority of my blogs are about my children or our family travels. You could call it bragging- for example Rachel's talent show performance or the excitement of Megan's cheer squad winning a competition. I try not to complain in my blogs, but I thought it too would be fun to make a list of "not so perfect" things that happen in my house. So here goes

1. I yell at my kids

2. My kids smart off on occasion. (refer to no#1)

3. My oldest hit me last night because I used her lotion.

4. We forget to say the prayer at meal time more often than we do say it. (I feel the need to explain but that's not what this list is about)

5. We skip church also more than I find appropriate. (explains all of the above)

6. We eat junk food.

7. Our kids have seen PG-13 and a couple of R rated movies.

8. Our kids have played on the computer all day before.

9. I usually always drive the kids to school in my PJ's.

10. My dog pooped in my office once since we moved in. (this could also be viewed as a good thing)

11. I don't always tell my husband the truth about dates on food. Even if it's two days from expiring, he will not eat it.

12. I don't always tell Megan the truth about if butter is in her food.

13. I'm a liar ( refer to #11 & #12)

14. We eat in bed.

15. I have cursed in front of my kids before.


Oh my.. I think it's time to stop pointing out all our flaws. I think you get the point. Now I feel the need to tell you good things about our family but that will have to be another day. If anything, maybe you will feel better about your own life. I hope your judgement will not be so harsh.
If your wondering, YES my list could be longer.

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family