Monday, January 25, 2010

Just another Manic Monday!!!!!

I was so proud of myself this morning when I thought I had fixed the washing machine. It had stopped working on Saturday and when I called the repairman they told me it would be a week before anyone could come out. So this morning I decided I was going to at least try and see what was wrong. I took the drain hose off and it was clogged. I thought Hallelujah this just may be the problem. The hose was completely closed so I flushed it by blowing air into a nasty pipe. Yuck. Almost a cup of trash came out of it. After attaching the hose back to the washer, it started working. YEAH!!!! Then I was off to the grocery store. I've got Bunko tomorrow night and fixing the washing machine was not on my list of TO DO's. When I returned home Maria informed me that it wasn't working AGAIN. The washing machine would have to wait. I had already called two friends and both agreed that I could wash clothes at their house if needed. I tried searching for a laundry mat online, only to find one in the hood. NO THANKS!!! I can wear dirty clothes (besides I wear my jeans 3 days a week) and I always reuse my bath towels. If only I could teach Dan to reuse his towel. I'm cooking lasagna for tomorrow night's Bunko so as soon as I came home I started in on what turned out to be a 3 hour cooking course. First problem-ONION was rotten. BACK TO THE GROCERY STORE!!! I'm happy to report as of 2:30 this afternoon, there are two Lasagna's in my fridge. Dessert will be made tomorrow morning. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake-thanks to my friend Christy who cooks desserts more than any other meal. And she's SKINNY!! Appetizer is an easy dip and crackers. Each hostess gets to decide what the THEME of bunko is when it's at their house. We've gone threw at least 3 dozen different themes since I've been playing. My THEME is an ODD one. REGIFT BUNKO. Here's the idea. So many of us recieve items for Christmas that don't make the cut. A Snuggie, a pair of socks, a cuckoo clock, a popcorn machine. ETC... Here's your chance to find a home for it. Bring your item to Bunko in a Brown paper bag. At the end of the night, we'll play dirty Santa and if your lucky, you'll take home one of the better REGIFT items. As of right now, I have an assortment of items that I could regift. Some of them were not gifts but items I actually bought and never gave to anyone. I know I'm cheating but I don't care. I have a candle that someone game me and it smells wonderful and WHO can't use a candle but I've already got 100 candles and I'm moving!!! It will be interesting to see what others bring and their story behind it. "My sister-in law gave this to me and I hate it" or "my husband gave this size small shirt and I wear a large".

I've been having a lot of bad luck the last few days. Maria told me today that I need to go to CHURCH. LOL.. I thought it was funny. We haven't been in two weeks and it's really a sorry excuse. Dan is following a running grid and on Sundays he has his longest run. I could go without him to church but I didn't. What happened on Friday night kicked off my string of bad luck. The girls and I went to the new house around 6pm and when I went to turn on the lights, a spark flew out and all the lights went out. I had my keys in my hand when I turned the lights on. There was a live wire hanging out and apparently my metal key brushed against the live wire. Since we couldn't see, we went back to the car to go home. When I went to put my key in the ignition, it would not fit. I turned the key around believing it was backwards. Another failed attempt so I looked at my key and it was BLACK!! That tiny live wire had burned the key and slightly changed the shape. It was BAZAR!!!! Anyway... I'm going to bed and when I wake up tomorrow I hope that it will be a typical BORING DAY!!! NO SURPRISES!!!

Happy BLOGGING!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family