Friday, January 1, 2010

Moving Time

We are moving and it's time to start getting rid of junk. I've been giving stuff away for the last year but it still seems like we have tons more to throw out before we can move. I gave our Christmas trees away. I removed 7 dresses from my closet yesterday as I was getting ready for the New Years Eve party. My mother says if you haven't worn it in 2 years, it's time to throw it out. Tonight I decided to Google "Cleaning out my closet", and Eminem popped up. He really shouldn't talk so bad about his mommy in that song. LOL Then I came across someone's blog about Organization. It suggested I throw 50 things out. My argument is "I HAVE!!"...so maybe I should throw 200 things out. A couple months ago, Dan and I tackled the garage. He brought a truck home from work and filled it up. Saw horses, bicycles, dog crates, fishing poles, bags of sang....the list goes on. I realize I am a Little Janelle as my family likes to call me. I like hanging on to the coupon for soap I've never used. I keep bows from wrapping paper, big plastic cups from restaurants. I just hate to see things go into a landfill somewhere. I also know there are people out there who can benefit from our junk. Maria (the housekeeper) has plenty of our things already. She took home the two Christmas trees even though her ceilings are 7' and the tree is 9'. She'll find a home for it. She has nieces, nephews, sisters, and friends who will help her find a home for it. So it's all very easy to give stuff away but I think my problem is Organizing what I must keep. This week, I plan to clean out the attic. The Christmas Drummer Boy, sleigh, horse, candy canes, talking Santa-all GONE!!! Yes, Last year our yard looked like the Griswold's. Wicker chairs, 10 easter baskets, swim noodles, army clothes-gone... WHOA!!! Dan's old marine clothing...I bet I'll have to double check with the MR of the house.

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family