Saturday, May 2, 2009

1st Communion




Today, we celebrated Rachel's first communion. The rain did not hold off but the mass was beautiful. I have a new favorite song at church. "One bread, One body". Rachel looked so pretty in her white dress. When we went shopping for a dress, the one she chose was the first one she tried on. That also happened to me when I chose my wedding dress. Today they only took the bread and not the wine, because of the recent Swine Flu. We've had a school in Collierville with an unconfirmed case. The school is now closed for 7-10 days. We also were not allowed to shake hands today when we offered a sign of peace. I wonder if this is a first for the Catholic community. Hmmmmmmmm... In the Baptist church, everyone takes from a small cup unlike the one glass that is shared by everyone in the Catholic church. Even without the swine flu, I'd prefer them use seperate glasses. Here are a few pictures from the big day! Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family