Saturday, May 9, 2009

Weekend

A great weekend all in all despite the rain. Softball and Soccer were canceled but I always welcome cancelations when it means I get to sleep in. I love sleeping in on Saturday morning. The girls spent Saturday night with my mom. Dan and I went to the Brooks Uncorked Auction. It was a very nice event and I think they raised over 150,000 dollars. Not bad at all!! If people are hurting from the economy, I didn't see it Saturday night. Maybe you didn't read the event we went to..UNCORKED. The majority of the auction was wine and the cocktail party was all tasting wine. So far, my experience with Auctions is yes more money is spent when there is alcohol involved. The online Auction that our school had recently raised close to 23,000. In the past we have had Live Auctions and over 100,000 dollars has been raised. HUGE DIFFERENCE!! People don't mind being outbid online. They don't know who has outbid them, but during a live auction when you see your buddy raise his paddle against you-IT"S WAR!!!!! Or a silent auction when someone writes their name down and then you hurry to write your name down...and on and on!!! HA HA.. Very humerous if you ask me!!!!
Sunday was mother's day and it was very peaceful. All I ask was to not be responsible for anything!!! We met my mother at exit 25 to pick up the girls and then we headed to Spring Creek for brunch. Yummy!!! I don't make that many salads at home but I love eating salad at the club. They had every food imaginable on the buffett. For dessert I had carrot cake, and it must have had at least 500 calories in one slice. It was awesome. Not to worry, I've played tennis this morning and I went to the gym. Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family