Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tire Swing lesson

I want to write this down so I don't forget it. Yesterday at lunch, I sat next to my dad and I remembered that I've been meaning to ask him to please come put up a tire swing at our new property. When we visit to see the progess the house has made, the girls can swing. I knew my dad could do this task because he owns the equipment to climb a tree. So yesterday my dad explained to me how it is done. First you take some fishing string or any other nylon string and tie a rock to the end. Then you take a sling shot and you shoot the rock over the tree branch. Once you have the string, you will tie it to the rope you will use for the tire swing. Then you use it as a pulley. After you have your rope in place, you then can tie the rope around the tire. Interesting huh??? I thought so. All this time, I thought my dad was going to climb the tree and place the rope over the branch. I ask him how he knew this and he said he had read it years ago when he too had put a tire swing on our property in Gates. Anyway.. so now that you know how-GO OUT AND PUT UP A TIRE SWING!!!

No comments:

Mom and Congress Woman

Mom and Congress Woman

Christmas Family

Christmas Family